Welcome to Ocean Alliance and www.whale.org. Our Mission and Vision is to increase public awareness of the importance of whale and ocean health through research and public education. We work with our scientific partners to collect a broad spectrum of data on whales and ocean life.
In 1970 Roger Payne founded a research program at Península Valdés, Argentina to study the endangered southern right whale. Today our Right Whale Program is in its 44th consecutive year. We’ll be sharing stories from our researchers in the field as they monitor the population and the new threats they face. Please help us continue this important work by donating here.
- An Old Friend Returns to Whale Camp (9/11/2014)
- Returning to Whale Camp (9/9/2014)
- The Southern Right Whale Season Begins (9/9/2014)
- Our Right Whale Team to Present at IWC Meeting on Increased Calf Mortality (7/31/2014)
- A Happy Discovery from our Southern Right Whale Program (5/21/2014)
- A Comprehensive New Look at the Threats Facing Southern Right Whales (2/18/2014)
- Vicky Rowntree Speaks to BBC News About Counting Whales from Space (2/13/2014)
- VICKY ROWNTREE DISCUSSES CALF DEATHS WITH NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC (12/3/2013)
- SHARING DAYS WITH JANE GOODALL AND ROGER PAYNE IN PATAGONIA (11/11/2013)
- ROGER PAYNE BRINGS JANE GOODALL TO WHALE CAMP (10/16/2013)